- 1 kg prunes
- 500 gr sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- Wash the prunes well, cut in half and remove the pit. Put them in a pan with the sugar and the lemon juice and set aside for 1 hour.
- Then heat up at medium heat and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. When it has reached jam consistency, remove from heat and if a finer texture is desired, blend with the mixer or a potato masher.
- Put the jam in previously sterilized glass jars and close them well.
- To vacuum seal them, put a cloth at the bottom of a saucepan, put the jars on them and cover with water. Bring to the boil and leave for 30 minutes from when the water began to boil. Let cool, dry the jars well and remember to label them indicating the contents and the date of preparation.
- How to sterilize the glass jars. Before filling them with jam, they must be sterilized to avoid contamination. For this, place them in a saucepan with boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, drain them and dry them well, taking care to not touch the inside of the jars.
Fuente: Source: www.hogarutil.com